The information below is provided for historical reference.
Description And Comments
Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue features Dracula, the Wolfman, Frankenstein and his bride singing mash-ups of pop music from the 1980s and 90s, such as Michael Jackson and Motley Crue, with a few recent pop songs thrown in for the kids. Beetlejuice, the title character from the 1988 film of the same name, serves as the show's emcee, adding monster jokes, groan-worthy puns, and pop-culture references in between songs. New characters were added when the show was updated in 2014, including Cleopatra, a female mummy; Phantasia, a female Phantom of the Opera; and a quartet of ghoulish backup dancers.
This is not Orlando’s best theme park show, but the new version is an improvement over the last. The performers don't play any instruments, so the show seems a little like a Halloween-themed karaoke party, without alcohol to make everything better. But the cast gives their all in executing the energetic, nonstop choreography, and several of the actors have stellar vocal chops.
In response to concerns from parents, Beetlejuice’s bawdy banter has been toned down since the show's original incarnation, but he still does a bit of off-color improv with the audience before the show. Also, keep an eye on BJ in the background during songs for some risque sight gags.
While the show runs around 20 minutes, there is almost no break between any of the songs (or mash-ups), making sitting through a set almost an exhaustive ordeal. The pyrotechnics are less percussive but more frequent than before, and the soundtrack is still cranked to 11, making for an audio assault on the audience.
Songs used in Beetlejuice's Graveyard Mash-up:
- "Let's Go Crazy" by Prince
- "Sweet Dreams" by Eurythmics
- "Walk Like an Egyptian" by The Bangles
- "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" by Cyndi Lauper
- "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns n' Roses
- "Dr. Feelgood" by Motley Crue
- "Be My Frankenstein" by Alice Cooper
- "What I Like About You" by The Romantics
- "You Really Got Me" by The Kinks
- "Smooth Criminal" by Michael Jackson
- "Ballroom Blitz" by The Sweet
The show is staged in a covered theater.
Related Blogs on Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue:
VIDEO: New Beetlejuice Show Debut (2/11/2014)
- This attraction participates in Universal Express.
Check the daily entertainment schedule for show times. Its proximity to Diagon Alley makes the crowds larger than in the past. The most comfortable viewing is from the bleachers near the sound booth, or sit down front on the aisle if you want to interact with the performers.
Check the daily entertainment schedule for performances with a sign language interpreter.
Other Attractions in San Francisco
Touring Plans with Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue
- Universal Studios One-Day Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Universal Studios Florida One-Day Plan with Early Entry
- Universal Orlando Two-Day/Two-Park Plan with Early Entry DAY 1/PART 1
- Universal Orlando Two-Day/Two-Park Plan without Early Entry DAY 1/PART 1